I am feeling really good...for the most part. I'm having back pains and spasms on a regular basis now, which happened with my other pregnancies. It's mostly just annoying when I try to stand up and can't for a moment, or occasionally loose my balance when I'm walking (which honestly, I loose my balance when I'm NOT pregnant, now I just have a good excuse:-) Other than my back, I forget I'm pregnant unless someone asks me how I'm feeling, or I walk by a mirror:-)
I am Thrilled because my midwife just called me and told me I passed my glucose test. It's always been the most stressful pregnancy test for me, but so far so good...no gestational diabetes. However, my iron levels are very low again, so I will start a big iron supplement schedule and try to eat more spinach and red meat. I had a problem with my iron when I was pregnant with Hannah, only I didn't find out until I was 37 weeks and almost lost my privileges with my midwife, which scared me to death! So...this time I know earlier, and hopefully I can help raise my levels over the next 12 weeks or so.
Wow....12 weeks does NOT seem like very long! I better get shopping:-)

(This picture is NOT our baby...just a picture I found on the Internet of a baby at 28 weeks...it represents what he looks like. Amazing, huh?)
OK....what's little guy up to right now? Courtesy of Pregnancy.org, here are some of the things he'll be doing this week.
- Eyebrows and eyelashes are now very noticeable!
- Hair on baby's head is growing longer. Some babies are born with almost none at all, while others appear to be ready for their first haircut!
- Eyes are completely formed now. Quite a view from inside!
- Your baby's body is getting plump and rounded. Most of that increase is muscle tissue and bone. Fat will be added during the third trimester.
- Muscle tone is improving. Preparation for the Olympics feels like it is taking place in your womb!
- Lungs are capable of breathing now (but baby would still struggle and require medical attention if born now)
- Your baby weighs in now at 2.2 pounds (1005gm) and is 14.8 inches (37.6cm).
3 comments:
Glad to hear your test results were good! And, of course, excited for you as you prepare for little boy. I think you are right about the running until he is out of the house... that is how it is at our house, but I love it! I thrive on the activity (most of the time). Love and miss you- hope to see you Friday night.
Oh Boy!...Only 12 weeks to go...
So excited for you guys.
Wow! That is so cool. I can't wait to see him. Pregnancy is incredible, and babies are such miracles.
-Amanda
Post a Comment