Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cubbies

Tonight was Nicole's first night of AWANA. Most of you have probably heard of AWANA...but if not, it's basically a national children's program for ages 3 thru 5th grade. They teach Bible verses & stories, songs, and other activities. I'm not doing a very good job at explaining this.

ANYWAY....I just found out a week ago that Nicole was old enough for the 3 year old class called Cubbies! I was super excited and quickly volunteered to be a helper in her class (although I think I ended up being a teacher of sorts). I wanted to be a helper so I could learn more about what they teach and what they expect in Cubbies.

Tonight was the first night. Isn't she cute?

I'm exhausted though, whew...those kids are busy. Actually...we had a GREAT class. We had 11 three year olds, but they were really very good. My friend Teri is also one of the teachers, along with a girl named Samantha. I think we all made a pretty good team. Anyway, I just wanted to share Nicole's first night of AWANA's. The Bible verse was 1 John 4:8 "God Loves Me" was the theme. It was a fun filled night of singing, story telling, painting and playing doctor:-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole you are so..adorable, and growing up way to fast!! You will be a wonderful cubbie for God!!
I Love you, Hugs and kisses

Karen said...

Nicole you are so..adorable, and growing up way to fast!! You will be a wonderful cubbie for God!!
I Love you, Hugs and kisses

Anonymous said...

Very cute! She looks so big in that picture!

Tiffy

Amanda said...

Jealous! Jealous! I wish I were there to see it!