Thursday, August 13, 2009

New - Old Dress

Our Internet was down yesterday, which was a bummer because I really wanted to post a picture of the pretty dress Nicole had on Yesterday.



I have been looking forward to Nicole wearing it, because it was my dress as a little
girl. Only, Nicole is barely 3, and I was close to 5 (if not 5 already) in this picture, haha.



There is some discrepancy over the origin of this dress. I always thought, and my mom agrees with me, that she (my mom) made this dress for me. But, my dad said yesterday that it was my mom's mom (Mama Pat) who made it. So...Mama Pat....do you remember? Can you clear this up? Either way, it was a special dress because it was handmade, by someone, with love:-)

Nicole LOVED the dress and told everyone she saw yesterday that it was her mommy's dress, but now it's not anymore, now it's hers:-)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't remember the dress, but I can't believe your mom ever made anything that looks like that. It looks like something I would do, but I can't remember. I will have to think about it for a long time. It is very cute, so I would say I made it and not your mom, but if your mom said she made it maybe she did. So I will really have to think about this. My question is, how did she get that ribbon on so nice????? Haha.... Well you both looked very cute in it, I think Grandma Betty made it..........what do you think....
Love you all, and can't wait to see you... mama Pat

Anonymous said...

I really can't say I made that dress, but maybe my Mom did. She was good at doing things like that also. I don't know if she ever made you anything or not, or maybe someone made it just because they loved you. How about that....
Love you all...
Mama Pat

Anonymous said...

Wow, who knows who made it. Mom (your Mama Pat) went for a walk with me tonight (already feels like fall up here) anyways, she thinks Grandma Blanche made it and if so, well either way it is special, but if Grandma made it then is extra special because she is in Heaven walking on streets of gold and maybe sewing white robes???
Love, Aunt Julie

Anonymous said...

How come you post under Anonymous and then sign your names?

Mike

Anonymous said...

were ashamed of our names.....

Michele said...

I'm surprised mom hasn't come back mad that Mama Pat doesn't think she can make a dress like that! hahaha

Where are you mom????

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting on a reply from her. Do you really think she will be ticked off at me? Boy I sure hope not, I think she could beat up on me.
Love you all..
Mama Pat

Michele said...

She probably will be mad! ; ) I'm just kidding.

Anonymous said...

Mike, Because we have not set our names up on this thing. Maybe sometime we will. You know how us girls are.......

Someone in the family in Ohio

Karen said...

Well, I guess if my own Mother doesn't think i could make this dress, and put the ribbon on nice, and have the sleeves in the right places, then just maybe, I won't be able to cut her hair right anymore. i am going to have to think about this one. HUMM. I really don't think I made the dress either (I do not like to sew), my mom is right. I want to think my wonderful grandma made it, so.........lets just keep it at that. I love the dress, and the two girls who wore it!!

Anonymous said...

;)