She thinks a lot and reasons through things way better than me! Lately, I've been trying to teach her that really, she chooses how her day is going to play out. The other day started out not so great, so about 8:30am, we had a conversation like this....
Me: Nicole, I want to have a good day today, do you?
Nicole: Um, yes
Me: Ok, well...it hasn't started out very well, has it?
Nicole: No
Me: Nicole, I want you to understand that you can choose what today is like. You can choose to obey mommy and we will have a really fun day, or you can choose to disobey me, and our day won't be fun because you will be getting disciplined a lot. It's your choice, what do you want?
Nicole: I want to obey and have fun.

So...that was our converstion the other day. Well, today in the car, this was how it went.
Nicole: Mommy, I want some chocolate milk when we get home.
Me: Um, I'm not sure...maybe.
Nicole: Ok, well, mommy....you have a choice. Either you give me chocolate milk and I will be happy....OR....you don't give me chocolate milk, and I will be sad. What do you want? Do you want me to be happy or sad? It's your choice.
I couldn't help it...I just started to laugh!
5 comments:
HAHAHA Oh Michele this cracked me up! Thanks for sharing :) I'm looking forward to the day when I can carry on conversations with my little ones!
OH... MY... WORD...! Isn't it so amazing how the Lord wires our little ones to reason? I love how literal everything is to them at this age. While we have not had that conversation verbatim, it sounds vaguely familiar :) I love these anecdotal stories.
LOL!!! THAT IS GREAT!
Tiffy
She's going to be a Saleswoman!
lol that was hilarious! I read it out loud to my mom and we are sitting here hysterical.
Post a Comment