Monday, April 19, 2010

New Style

We have struggled with Nicole's hair for some time.  We all (including her) want long hair, but it's so fine that it gets terribly knotty.  It's also straight on top and tightly curled underneath.  So....I convinced Jeremy to cut her hair, short, to get rid of the "baby hair" and hope that some strong hair grows back in place.  I was hoping it would make this summer more bearable for all of us since she doesn't always let me put it up and usually won't keep it up....so short hair would stay out of her face, get less knotty and *hopefully* look better and be easier. 



So far...the only thing that's happened is it's less knotty. Make that...there are NO knots at all...which was great this morning.  However, her hair seems to be even more unruly and unmanageable.  I don't want to...but, I think I'm going to have to flat iron her hair in the mornings (although I think the first time she goes outside, everything will frizz up again:-(  Poor girl...She's got my texture of frizzy hair, only there is a lot less. 

The above picture was taken right after she got it cut, so it looks pretty good.  But, in every day life, it's pretty messy looking.  I've always been sort of against putting product in a child's hair...but, I think I'm going to have change.  She's going to need something, or else I'm afraid she's going to have several years of awkward pictures. 

To you new mommies...this is why you can't be to dogmatic on how you think a child should be raises or what you should do with them.  When real life comes around...sometimes those things you thought you'd NEVER do (like flat iron a 3 year old's hair), you may end up doing....just to help manage the craziness. 

So....what do you think?  It changes her whole look, doesn't it?

7 comments:

Grammy said...

I think she looks cute and adorable and OLDER!! (which I don't like :( She's growing fast enough as it is!!! How about spraying it with some curly style spray and scrunching it while it's wet. Would it be curlier and more manageable?? U know I like that scrunchie look:)
Grammy

John said...

I was thinking about the scrunchy look, too. I don't know if it would work on such a little girl with such thin hair though. My sister has hair like this, and she's now 13 and has yet to do anything with it but put it in a ponytail. I hope you find something that works! She looks adorable!

John said...

That was Amanda, not John :)

Mama Pat said...

Well I believe she looks very sweet and her hair cut really becomes her. I like it short, and truthfully I think it looks better. I believe I would do some curly style spray like Grammy said and work with it. I'm sure it will turn out to be just fine. I really do think her hair cut looks adorable, and maybe some of that baby hair needed to come off. Well, I know and have faith in you that you will get it all worked out. Love you all,

Jennifer said...

Cute! I bet it makes her look taller!
So I am an official SAHM now!

Anonymous said...

Nicole's hair is totally adorable! She is a beautiful child..however, once you make eye contact with her you're captivated by her true beauty! Her eyes are a window into her heart!! The haircut really illuminates her eyes. Great choice Mom and Dad.
Mrs. P and Mr. Mike

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I haven't had a computer all week, so I haven't seen the new do! (Except for a pic my mom sent me on my phone!) Looks really cute! Hope it gives you both a little more ease in the daily routine! :)

Tiffy