Friday, July 16, 2010

Back to School Deals - Staples

I had a fun time at Staples this week and just had to share.  OK, first, I know that you are probably rolling your eyes thinking I'm such a weird-o for having fun at staples...sorry, I don't get out much! hehehe.

Here's what I bought.


2 Reams of 500ct Multi purpose paper
1 package of photo paper
2 8ct of pencils
2 2ct of preschool scissors
10 2 pocket folders with tabs inside.

Total $27.09 plus tax
Used $10/$25 Office Depot Coupon
Used $2.80 Staples Rewards Certificate
Used $14.20 Staples Rewards Certificate

Paid $0.09!!!!
I'll also get back $23.95 back in Staples Easy Rebates
So...with coupon math, I earned $23.86 to visit Staples this week and purchase their products.  Thank you Staples!

Also...you can get $2 back on every ink cartridge you recycle there, up to 10 a month.  I dropped 7 off on this trip, so I'll get an additional $14 back in Staples Rewards.  Did you get any back to school supplies this week?

I just found out a 24 ct box of Crayola crayons are $.25 at Walmart.  I'm going to go buy several....Crayola is usually pretty pricey.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Awesome work, Michele! I may try that WalMart deal even though I normally refuse to shop there. :) A caution to anyone buying markers at Wal Mart...they are not the same as regular Crayola markers. Wal Mart gets companies to make special products just for Wal Mart and sell them to them for much, much cheaper. That's why their prices can be so low. So even though you may buy a Rubbermaid bin there, it is not normal Rubbermaid quality. My mom worked at Rubbermaid so I know this for fact. I've had a lot of trouble with Crayola Markers from Wal Mart since I used to buy them by the cartful as a teacher, but crayons should be fine.

Michele said...

Amanda....I had NO IDEA!!! I mean, I should have...but it never dawned on me! Thanks for the insight!