Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Beach Day

This morning, we took off to the beach with Yaya.  It was a perfect Florida beach day.  It was hot, almost no breeze, the water was warm and nearly flat.  We parked at a State Park....in the last lot.  It think that's my favorite place to park. There are very few people, and  you can walk all the way down to Wiggins Pass and, if your lucky, spot some cool shells.

Immediately, the girls got to work building with Yaya in the sand.

Hannah is the fish who was first in the water with Yaya.  Nicole was happy to just be playing in the sand. In fact, before we went, she told me that she just wanted to play in the sand.  She did eventually make her way to the water though.

We noticed there was a sandbar, so my mom swam out to it, and found us some sand dollars.  I don't think the girls had ever seen live sanddollars before.  Nicole and Hannah both "tickled" their toes, but only Hannah would actually hold one.

We also spotted a couple dolphins.  At one point, they were very close to shore, and straight out in front of us.  Of course, I didn't have my camera then, but I tried to snap a few shots when they were a little further away.

Nathan slept almost the whole time.  To bad for him...but I was happy he got his morning nap. 

I took a walk with the girls down to the pass.  We collected shells, slipped down sand banks and chased birds.  It was fun.

I think we all had a nice day at the beach:-)

2 comments:

Mama Pat said...

What a great time on the beach. I know Yaya loves to do things with those 3 kids. I think she would be a fun grandma to have around.
She's a lot like my mom was with her grandchildren, and they loved it.
Love you all.

Karen said...

Such a FUN, FUN, FUN morning!!!