Saturday, July 10, 2010

Back to School Deals

Hey my money saving friends,

Back to School deals are starting.  There are some awesome deals this week at Staples and Office Depot.  You may have to pay out of pocket for some things, but do the instant or easy rebates,and you'll get most of the money back.

Remember last year, I was able to stuff 2 backpacks full of back to school items for needy children, and spent just a few dollars.  This year (she doesn't know it yet, she might find out on here), I have a dear dear friend who will be teaching in a very low income, very needy school district.  Most of her kids probably won't have much in terms of school supplies, so I'm going to give a lot of the stuff I purchase for her.  I've heard from other friends that have taught out there that often times, teachers end up buying a lot of supplies for their students, out of their own pockets.  So, hopefully I can help my teacher friend not have to do that (and Brooke....hit up these sales too!). 

Do you know of someone or an organization you can donate school supplies to?  This is an easy and cheap way to help them out.  Plus, it's so fun and such a "high" to get all this great stuff for cheap or free!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Yes! I'm so glad you're giving to a teacher "out there!" She and her students will be blessed. Thanks for the deal update though--I was just online looking for exactly that. Maryn is in desperate need of crayons. Actually, I need sharp crayons in order to color with her. I think we may use your homemade crayon idea with our old crayons, too! But we need one of those silicone trays...must look for one.

Michele said...

If crayons aren't on sale this week.....they will be soon. Hang in there a few more weeks if you can. If you don't care about the design, you might be able to find cheap silicone trays in the clearance section of JoAnn Fabric or Michaels:-)

Unknown said...

Hey Michele,
Thanks so much. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help and your very giving heart. The children will be so blessed to have someone able to help them. I am heading to get the deals myself tomorrow and hopefully they still have all of the 1cent deals. --Brooke