I go to MoPS(Mothers of PreSchoolers) at my church a couple of times a month. It's a time for moms to get together, eat breakfast and listen to a speaker encourage us on different topics. Anyway...they gave us a book "What every Mom needs" for Mother's day. I found it the other day in my trunk....and decided it would be nice to read something while I'm feeding Hannah (we got rid of our TV...so, I had to find something else to do). Anyway...there was a little poem I guess that really encouraged me yesterday. I wanted to share it with my other mommy friends who check in here every once in a while.
What Surprised you about Becoming a Mother?
Myself.
My temper and impatience.
How tired I feel.
How much I love my child.
Then how I could love a second child...then a third...as much as my first
That while I love my children, some days I don't like them.
How I can't wait to get away from my children, and then when I do, how much I miss them.
How being a mom brings out the best and worst in me.
Some things I say to my children that I vowed I'd never say.
How many times a nose needs to be wiped.
How long a day can be.
How quickly children change from stage to stage.
How much more I appreciate my mother.
How much more I understand God's love for me.
How wonderful it is to be called "Mommy"
1 comment:
What a wonderful Poem!! God always sends us reminders of his Love at just the right times.
Hugs Mom xoxoxoxox
Post a Comment