Saturday, February 6, 2010

Baby Legs

Baby Legs are a popular and pricey brand name product for leggins you can slip on a baby, toddler or even pre-schooler. They generally sell for $15-$25. I've always been intrigued but never wanted to pay that much for something I didn't think would get used just a couple of times.

About 2 months ago, my friend Kirsten showed up to a softball game with some of the most adorable baby legs on her little girl. Come to find out, she made them herself out of socks!

I then found a tutorial online here. I gave it a shot the other night and they didn't turn out to bad (but they also aren't great). Nicole LOVED them and knew what to do with them right away when she saw them yesterday morning.

The thing that I like about this tutorial is that it has you make a little cuff to keep the bottom of the leggin in place. I'm not sure mine will hold up in the washer, but they were cheap ($1.19). If you want a better quality baby leggin, check out Kirsten's site.

These leggins are cute for a couple of reasons.  One...if your little one is still in diapers, you can keep their little legs warm while not needing to peal tights on and off during diaper changes. Two, if you have an older one, like Nicole, they are super cute and fun to wear...and three....they can even be worn on their arms if they have a t-shirt on and it gets cool in the evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT MICHELE! Whoo Hoo!!! :) They're also awesome if you have a crawling baby because you can slap those babies on to protect their little knees on the ceramic tile (like we have) or other hard surfaces. Great job!