Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Nathan's smile

Nate has been smiling for a while, but smiles are difficult to capture on camera.  He especially is not fond of it.  Once that little red light hits his face, he pushes those eyebrows down in a "don't even think about it" sort of way.  We finally, sort of, captured some smiles the other night. 
 

 


Nathan is a pretty good mix between Hannah and Nicole.  Hannah was dubbed "Happy Hannah" early on because she very quickly and easily smiled.  I'm not sure Nicole smiled until she was well over her first birthday! haha.  She is much more serious and won't simply give those smiles away to just anyone.  Nathan is in between.  He's got the sweetest little expressions, but you've got to work for them...and the timing has to be right.

All of a sudden, I saw a big change in him yesterday.  He was really, I mean really watching me.  At one point I was in and out of the kitchen quit a bit.  He would fuss when I would leave, then stop and smile when I would return.  He did that several times.  He'd also "find" one of his sisters and follow them around the room too.  Last night he nearly bent backwards out of my arms to keep his eyes on his daddy.  I love to see those milestones. 

His sisters dote on him....especially Hannah.  She is very concerned about him.  As you can see here, she offered (sleeping) Nathan her baby AND her blanket....now that's love!

She also is quit concerned about Nathan's paci usage (he'll take one as he's falling asleep..it's the only time he'll take it.  But, she thought he needed one now.

And, Nate got to swing the other night on the swing set.  I'm not sure if he liked it or not.  He wasn't crying, so that something.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a cutie! He looks so much like Jeremy. I bet if you put up a baby picture of J and N together it would be close.

Michele said...

All three of them are like Jen! It's crazy!

Sorry I didn't call you back the other day...you know how it can go. We've all been sick too, so that just adds to the chaos. We'll touch base soon (but you are still welcome to come over and borrow the gate. I have some formula coupons for you too if you want them)