If you've ever been around a pre-schooler, you know they have a routine they like to follow, especially at bed time. Our bedtime routine takes 15 to 20 minutes, on a good night. We always read a story from their Bible (or Bibey as Hannah calls it). Both girls pick out a story, and the baton has been passed, Hannah almost always picks out Job. Remember Nicole's fascination with Job?
So, we read the Bible story, then we sing "a song of prayer". It's actually a verse from an old song Steven Curtis Chapman sang "Let us pray, let us pray. Everywhere and every way. Every moment of the day, it is the right time. For the Father Above, He is listening in love, and he wants to answer us, so let us pray". We have to all sing that together, followed by Nicole saying she is going to sing it "all by myself".
The next step is to "put our hats on". I believe this started when Jeremy was coming home late from 'tiva last summer where he had a big job and a long drive. He would often walk in the door and into the girls' bedroom to help put them to bed. He usually had on his visor and Nicole got into a routine of taking it off. Well, somehow she also started putting invisible hats on. In a few weeks I had to put my hat on too. By the time Nathan was born, we all were putting on many many hats. Nicole and Hannah race to see how many they can put on at a time. It's very funny and NEEDS to be caught on camera soon!
Anyway, what I want to remember is this....
One night Nicole asked Jeremy to put his hat on, which he very obediently did:-) And Nicole looked up at him and very seriously said...."Uh, Daddy is that a new hat?"
Jeremy looked at me and we both laughed hysterically. Remember, these are invisible hats, but to her, like to any pre-schooler, they are real. I can't help but giggle most nights when we put our "hats on" and remember that moment. But, I'm afraid one day I'll forget. Now, it's forever saved in our blog:-)
1 comment:
Too Funny!!! Love it
Post a Comment