Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It's hot

I have really enjoyed the very cool 2 months we've had in Florida.  A few days it was to cold to spend to much time outside, but most of the time it was simply gorgeous.  Today is NOT one of those days.  It's hot and muggy and yucky.  This morning I packed the kids up and we went to the park to ride bikes and walk with a friend of ours....this is how it works by the way...  Nicole rides her bike (which she LOVES), Hannah sits in the stroller, which she tolerates, and Nate sleeps all cozy in the Moby Wrap. 

Anyway, it started off ok, but I could feel the humidity in the air and knew the "niceness" wouldn't last for long.  By the time 11:00 came around, I was drenched in sweat and ready to get inside.  When I got home, all I could think about was how I was not looking forward to summer...it's stifling around here sometimes!  I know we have a few more cool days in store, and I'm going to enjoy them, because once summer comes around, we usually have to get inside by 10am to avoid heat exhaustion.

I'm still looking for a place that has a high temperature of 72 degrees at least 325 a year.....anyone know of a place like that?

PS...sorry for no pictures.  I forgot to take the camera.  I wanted to show you pics of Nicole drawing a "sesame" (think "open sesame") for us to go through on the sidewalks, and show you videos of Hannah spinning in circles on the playground equipment.  Maybe next time.

No comments: