I have not been prepared much since Nathan was born with purposeful learning experiences. I'm working on getting back to that. But, yesterday I was talking to Nicole about India and she said, "oh, like the state"(Indiana). Hmmm...last time we talked about the state Indiana was a few months before Nate was born. She has a great memory....even if she had the country of India and the state of Indiana confused.
So, my goal is to teach her the location of all the states. It won't mean much to her now, but it'll be good to know later....and I think she can learn it now. We have a great puzzle of the united states, where every state is a piece (except all those tiny New England states, they have 3 or 4 on one piece for those).
Nicole is the puzzle QUEEN! She LOVES them and is very very good at them.
Hannah even tried to get in on the action, although she doesn't have the puzzle skill that Nicole has, which I think shows me that they will be very different learners.
Her completed puzzle....I did not help her except with verbal promptings, and I was using words like north, south, east and west. She had a picture to look at, but that was it. We've put this puzzle together a lot before, but as a team. This time she did it alone.
Oh...this is for My Family! When Nicole put in Michigan she said, "Mommy, we don't like that state!" Woohoo...got a buckeye here. She's a smart girl:-)
Then, the kids wanted to paint. I usually like to paint outside with the kiddie pool available. That way they can paint and play in the water. The mess stays outside, and they are pretty clean when we decide to come in. But...it's in the 60s today, to cold for the pool, I think.
In the middle of painting, Gramps came over to drop something off. Nicole had to show him where a few of the states are.
Finally, we have a few random pictures from the last couple of days.
Just a great picture of Hannah I thought. I think Nicole might have taken this one.
Daddy and Nate Dawg (but Jeremy spells it dogg like snoop dogg I guess???)
Hahaha....loving big sister, and thrilled little brother! This picture cracks me up....I can imagine this face in 10 years when I kiss Nathan goodbye "MOM....your embarrassing me!"
Nicole took this one of Nathan and I. You know...we bought her a camera for Christmas, but she still just wants to use ours. I'm not sure what to do about that....
Tomorrow is Justin and Erica's wedding rehearsal. We are very excited. I can not wait to show you pictures of Nicole in her flower girl dress...Hannah in her precious purple knit hat and Nathan in his adorable "tuxedo" my friend Kirsten made. Oh year...and Jeremy in a real tux and me in a brand spanking new outfit.










3 comments:
Nicole is looking so grown up and beautiful.
She definitely can learn all the states. I know a little 3 year old boy who knows them all and they will stay with her, in her memory.
Oh, and there was a rapper named Nate Dogg (or Dawg I don't know), but I don't know if Jeremy would remember him. He sang the song Regulators with Warren G. So I don't know if that ruins the nickname for you, but there you go so you know! lol.
That's funny. That was one of Jeremy's favorite songs in his high school years. I can't believe he never made the connection! I'll have to bring it up to him.
btw...I looked up the lyrics and it was Nate dogg...so I'm going with Dawg ha!
Michele, have you mom teach Nicole that song she learned in school about the states. She would love it once she learned it and yaya taught it to her. :o)) Watch though Nicole, yaya can sing it fast.....they are in alpha order.
God Bless!! Love and Miss you guys.
Aunt Julie
Post a Comment