A portion I've got down right now ( the rest of the verse says "she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls." I guess I've got the providing food half way down too...because I'm usually nursing Nathan).
My day starts between 4 and 5 am. Sometime in that hour, Nathan begins grunting. The past couple of days, I've been trying to give him a paci and encourage him back to sleep. It helps for about 1/2 and hour, but eventually I pick him up and feed him. This doesn't really bother me at all. The problem is that, I have two little girls sleeping in that same room. Two little girls who could probably start their days at 4 or 5 am. My main goal is to not wake Hannah, because at that point, she won't go back to sleep and she'll probably end up crying. Nicole ALWAYS wakes up. Most days she'll get up once or twice to go to the bathroom. The thing that gets me is that she thinks (or acts like she thinks) I'm in there to talk to her. If I were given a dime for every time she told me to keep the light on (bathroom light), keep the door open a little bit, come cover her up, help find her happy doggy, etc....I'd have a new outfit. Again...this wouldn't bother me to much, excpet that I'm trying to keep Hannah asleep. Most mornings my efforts are fruitless and both girls are up at 6. Then for the next hour we are in a power struggle to keep them in their room, quiet so Nathan can sleep. I refuse to allow them to get up before 7.
I love that my kids are all in the same room, I really do. But it doesn't come without difficulty (already). It's hard to teach Nate to fuss it out, my first impulse is to scoop him up....again...to keep Hannah asleep. It's hard not to be grumpy and frustrated when Nicole wakes up Hannah getting in and out of bed, or telling me again to keep the door open a little bit. I do a lot of praying during those first two hours...but they are selfish....please give me self control prayers. I don't really like the way my morning start. I don't like being frustrated before 6 in the morning because I've been playing in and out of bed games for 2 hours. A few weeks ago, I had just decided not to go back to bed, because I HATE to get in and out of bed myself. I've found that my temper stays much more in check if I just get up when Nathan gets up with the idea that I'm up for the day. The problem is...by 9:00, I'm ready for a Dr. Pepper or Mr. Pibb....a habit that is getting harder to kick.
So...yes, I do get up while it's still early, but I don't usually have a good attitude about it. Do you think the woman Solomon was describing here got up with a good attitude every morning?
On a different note...Nicole got ahold of the camera again yesterday. She loves to go around and take pictures of people and things. Check out these pics she snapped all by herself.
This might be the best picture of Hannah I have!
Nicole held the camera out in front of her to snap this picture, like I do all the time. By the way, she has a fruit smoothie mustache on her face.
No daddy...don't eat Hannah!!!! (Hannah refused to smile here)
Nicole's feet
Daddy's feet
Mommy's "I need a pedicure" feet
Grammy's feet
As you can see, Nicole will photograph anything. She loves to take pictures, of anything and everything!







5 comments:
So cute! I hope your mornings get better. And thanks for the advice about our kids sharing a room...which I am now have second thoughts about! lol. If this was happening to me I probably would just get up, since John gets up at 3:30 am anyway and we all are asleep by 9. So, just tell Jeremy to start working 4 am-1:00 pm, go to bed at 9 and problem solved!! His customers won't mind, right?
I've seriously considered that Amanda! Sharing a room is cool....just a little tricky right now. The key is to go to bed before 11 or midnight
You need to foster that love for photography with Nicole. She has really good aim already, and has the creativity to take pictures of 'not the usual'.
I got your text the other day! Me and my little one have been stuck in the house. We will have to get together soon, I want to hang out! I NEED TO HANG OUT!! :)
Awww...we are in a bit of the same struggle to keep the kids in bed till 7. Only I don't have a third in the mix to decrease my odds of success! :) I saw this clock that functions as a sleep trainer and a night light:
http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=536615&cmSource=Search
I thought it looked like a really good idea, but Josh said, "No way. We'll just stick to spanking to get our point across."
Thank Teri...I actually really like that idea. We have talked about putting a digital clock in there to help Nicole learn to tell time anyway, and to show her that she can't get up until 7. But, then, we thought we wouldn't be able to sneak her in bed early like we sometimes do too! hahaha
Post a Comment