I wish I were a better writer, maybe then I could find the words and detail the moments and emotions I feel when I watch my children interact together. This morning may have been one of the most perfect mornings we've had (without daddy home). We read, we painted, we "played school", we did more crafts and computer time. We had a yummy lunch, cleaned up, had a little dessert then played in their bedroom before naps.
The perfect time to me was the playing in the bedroom. I am trying to more purposeful about play time with Nathan. A lot of times he's with us, just hanging out on the floor or in the high chair while I interact with the girls. So, this morning, I told the girls that we were going to play with Nathan for a little while...and play we did!
We spent about 20 minutes singing songs, reading funny rhymes and talking with each other. Nathan sat in front of me or on my lap as I moved his arms in sync with the girls singing and dancing (the wheels on the bus, here we go round the mulberry bush, grande ole duke of york...to name a few).
What I wish I could describe was the look of pure adoration Nathan had toward his sisters. He smiled with his mouth and with his eyes as he watched them dance around the room. He giggled with them as they tried to teach him the movements. He "danced" with them to the beat of their songs. It was perfect. The girls had a blast entertaining Nathan...Nathan thoroughly enjoyed watching them...and I tried not to cry as I took in the memory of these three siblings. These three who already love each other. These three who will be together always. These three who, I pray, will have a special and lasting bond. Today was a memory that I am determine to tuck away in my heart and hold onto for a long long time.
2 comments:
Sweeeeet! I can't wait to see my kids interact this way! Maybe it will balance out all the sibling arguments and all-out fights! lol.
Tears in my eyes!! So Sweet.... I am so thrilled that you all had a perfect morning. Yes, your three will always Love, and protect each other, this is the way you and Jeremy have taught them through scripture at a young age, a true expression of our Lords Love.
P.S. You do a fabulous job writting and expressing your moments and emotions. Thank you!!
Post a Comment