Nicole has been asking me lately where her blood is and what is blood. So, we took the opportunity to talk a little bit about our bodies. Last week it was rainy and we were sick, so I had to be creative and come up with some inside activities. I traced the girls on a large sheet of paper and then we drew in our hearts and blood, and our basic digestive system. Go ahead and ask Nicole what happens to her food when she eats it...I dare you! :-)
Anyway, here are their little bodies
The sheets are hanging up in my laundry room now. Every time Hannah walks out there she screams with excitement, runs over, points and says "ME!!!!" She's learning a lot through it too.
The girls got to color themselves. But I found Hannah trying to do it like a chimpanze.
Someone tell her she's suppose to use her hands to color...not her feet.
Something else we've been doing since we've been sick, stuck inside for almost 2 weeks (we've been out a couple of times) is potty training. I wouldn't confidently say that Hannah is day-time trained, because I'm still nervous to take her to the store without a diaper on...but we are getting close. I figured she might as well be wearing undies while we were stuck inside so much, and it seems to be paying off. We'll see. I hope it sticks and she doesn't regress. But, for now, she's wearing undies except to nap and at night. Every times she uses the potty is one less diaper for me to use:-)
And...I just saw on one of my favorite blog fiddledeedeemom that Focus on the Family is offering a free 6 month subscription for Thriving Family magazine. I've never read it, but thought I'd give it a shot if it's free.


1 comment:
I just signed up for that. Hope it's good!!! And your bodies are very impressive!! I can't wait to hear Nicole's rendition of the digestive system. :)
Post a Comment